Due to the current and expected future demand for sand in the Hunter and Sydney markets, Boral sought approval for continued operations at the quarry through a State Significant Development (SSD) application. The SSD proposed to extract sand from a former pit within the landholding by way of dredging. The proposal required an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) to be developed and submitted to the regulator.
- Conduct the Preliminary Environmental Assessment
- Conduct the EIS, including the management of specialist studies
- Conduct the Social Impact Assessment (SIA)
- Author the EIS and SIA reports
- Undertake government agency and community consultation, including community information sessions and meetings with residents