About the job
As part of our talented team, this role will offer you the unique opportunity to join a consultancy where the focus is challenging the norm, building relationships, to never stop learning and above all, making consulting fun and not all about timesheets and utilisation.
Specifically, you will be:
- Supporting Element’s project managers in the delivery of major planning approvals/environmental impact assessments and preparing large proposals.
- Managing the delivery of smaller planning approvals/environmental impact assessments from inception to completion in accordance with approved programs and budgets.
- Managing the preparation of proposals for smaller opportunities.
- Authoring environmental assessments, environmental management plans and other related environmental reports.
- Managing recruitment of sub-consultants, including definition of scope of works, contract preparation and execution.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of Element’s quality management system.
- Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices. Understand and follow Element’s occupational health and safety procedures.
- Assisting where necessary across Element’s business lines
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 3-5 years in environmental planning and impact assessment in NSW
- Proficient in Office 365 including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Good verbal and written ability – able to succinctly present highly technical information in plain English
- Preferable exposure to one or all of the following market sectors – transport/infrastructure, waste and industrial, extractive industries/mining
- That you’re a professional operator skilled in working collaboratively to achieve client objectives
- That you’re driven to upskill and share knowledge with the team and develop yourself professionally by being open and taking on board feedback with grace
- That you’re proactive, solutions driven and constantly challenge the norm
- Degree/Masters in Environmental Planning or Environmental Science